Friday, October 16, 2009

Familia

Last Friday my dad and Trudy came down to visit! I was great having them around, especially since they cooked (haha). But seriously.... I miss being close to family now. I guess that's what happens when you "grow up".. you tend to move away and try and find what's right for you. sometimes I wonder if leaving Ephrata was all that smart... but then I try and imagine living there still, and I get quite frustrated! We moved here so Brayden could go to school and we could be close by Ryan and Morgan, but I miss everyone back home so much, it almost doesn't feel worth it. All the struggles with insurance and money and such... it's no fun. So it was really REALLY nice to have my dad and Trudy here, even just for a week. But of course when they left I was pretty dang sad. I can't help but be emotional as it is, so I really try to distance myself from my emotions so I'm not constantly crying. But, of course, once I see my dad crying, all walls are broken down! It's so hard to see your father cry! I am glad they made it home safely though, and I know soon enough they'll be back to visit, along with other family members, so I shouldn't be too sad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh kaylee! just think of it this way, you miss your family BUT they miss you too and they love you and i know they are proud of you! you are going to be a great mommy and your family will be there sooner or later or coach you along!!!! feel better and know that when your sad your family is only a phone call away! :)

Kristin said...

Sooo, the song is making me cry. AND it was totally better when the cuz's sang it.

Nick and Emily said...

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. We were never meant to be alone on this planet. I'm sorry that you feel you are. but family is closer than you think and we just need to get together to get you over your worries.