Monday, June 1, 2009

"Can a banana fit in there?"


I've been trying to get Brayden a little more into the fact that I'm pregnant with his kid. For some reason guys just don't seem as interested in the whole pregnancy thing, usually takes the kid actually being born for them to realize "Wow! It's a baby!" So, I get emails weekly with updates about how far along I am and other tidbits of pregnancy info, one of which was a video of the 3 trimesters and the changes the baby goes though. So I watched them, loving every second of it, and falling deeper in love with this little guy inside of me... and I thought juuuuust maybe this video was something that could get Brayden a little more interested in what's going on.


Sunday morning after we're both ready for church, I sit down and casually bring up the video's and turn up the sound so I know he can hear in the other room. So I watch the first parts, the ones about the first trimester just he can hear it (cause I know it takes him a while to wonder into the room and check things out.) So just as it's ending he comes walking in wondering what I'm watching (YES!) so I non-shalantly explain what it is as the next video starts to play, the one that talks about what's going on right now in my pregnancy. It talks about the growth, that he can now hear us talking and such, and he's actually starting to move around quite a bit now.
My plan worked, Brayden was way into it, but it slightly backfired too. The video said that the baby should now be about the size of a small banana in length, to which my lovely husband asked, "Can a banana fit in there?" I just said I figued so, but he was all fired up and said that I wasn't big enough! (lol!!) He said that there's no way that baby's as big as a banana! That I need to be eating way more than I do so our baby will be big and healthy! (I was slightly offended and extremely amused.) So now every time we eat, he tells me, "Give this to the baby" and hands me more of everything.
I'm glad Brayden's actually concerned now with what's going on with our baby, all during church he kept reaching over and puting his hands on my stomach and when he couldn't feel anything, he'd shove it around to try and "wake up the baby." I tried to explain that he probably wouldn't feel him moving yet, but he wanted to try. Too cute (minus the cramping I got from him pushing on my stomach so much!) Oh well, I like that he thinks he's an expert on the baby, now I can talk to him about what's going on and he'll actually pay attention! I am worried though, that he's gonna make me a beast cause he's so concerned that I'm not eating enough. =] Whatever, at least Brayden doesn't care if I get big, and I'm glad my little plan worked too!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! I have never heard the banana reference, it's usually an orange or something. I am SO excited for this baby! It's mine, alll MINE! Oh, did I say that out loud? Maybe I'll just hold him a lot!