Wednesday, November 10, 2010

All Pooped Out.

But seriously, Max pooped in the tub.
I blame myself for this one, and I mean seriously, it could have been avoided. I was sitting on the toilet (not using it, mind you) inputing stuff into my new razor phone, when I heard him grunting next to me in the tub. Since I was very focused, I thought to myself, without looking "sounds like he's pooping, but he's never pooped in the tub, he wouldn't do that! Must be a rough fart." So a few minutes later he starts to whimper. So I look over, and he is standing up with his hand on the side of the tub with a terd in it! AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Oh, it stunk pretty bad! So I yelled for Brayden, because I don't deal with poop that isn't in a diaper, and I just sat there looking at my crying baby. I felt bad for him, but also was unclear as to where the poo was exactly, and if there was any on him, I did not want to touch it! I thought I was tougher than that, but apparently I am a bit queasy to the poo.

So Brayden yells at me to pick Max up so he isn't sitting in dirty poo water and to get over myself. ( Doh!)
So I pull him out, making sure his poo hand is nowhere close to me, and wrap him in a towel and get him all cleaned off. As I'm dressing him, I notice he stinks REALLY bad, so I start sniffing around trying to locate said smell. I was terrified he had EATEN some, I sniffed his breath....safe. Alas, it was the hand that originally held the poo!  I cleaned it, and made sure that he didn't stick that hand in my mouth (as he loves to do). But if he gets pinkeye tomorrow, we'll all know why!

The tub was drained, rinsed, then filled with buring hot water mixed with a TON of clorine. All toys involved are now soaking in that as well. I will drain, rinse, and repeat soon. Maybe even a third time if I can't control my anxiety about it yet, we'll see.

And that, my friends, is my first pooing-in-tub experience I had with Max. I hope it's also the last.

No comments: