Wednesday, March 26, 2008

catching up!

Alright, so Saturday March 22nd was the Canal Caper. We did the walkers, cause we are most definably NOT runners! So in order of the picture our places went Anna (5th) Marlys (6th) Kristin (3rd-*cheater!) Bev (????) Me (4th *should have been 3rd!) It was actually really fun and it went by fast!

Ok, something else that happened- the other day I got a package from Race for my birthday! He sent me a CD he burned for me with "missionary appropriate" music. I listen to it at night and it puts me to sleep it's so soothing. He also sent me a tape recording of him talking to me! It was the best thing ever!!! So of course I went to the place I hate (wal-mart) and bought myself a handy-dandy voice recorder so I could send him one back. I learned that apparently instead of things getting cheaper as they go out of date, they get more expensive. I saw these cd players for 9.99 right next to this old fashioned tape recorder that I had to pay $22 for!!!! But I wasn't going to argue, it was a must that I get it...so I payed for the over-priced wal-mart crud anyways. I think Race will appreciate it, so I really can't complain. Oh, the joys of writing a missionary! =]

Lastly, my birthday is comming up on the 1st. I don't think there is any plans, but I'm pretty sure my sister will be here..so once again, I can't complain. My mom's b-day is the 31st of this month, so maybe we'll do something together. I really hope I get something for her that she likes. I feel a little stressed trying to think of a gift I can give her to show her how much I appreciate all she's done for me; and just generally that I love her! She is such a difficult woman to buy things for! haha. But I have something in mind, so I really hope she likes it! Oh, and one other thing Race sent me in my package.......

I told him we didn't have any pictures of us together- so he sent me this picture with a border around it that says "love". =] I love it! He never ceases to crack me up! Just thought I'd share this sweetness with anyone who cares! Have a great day! I know I will!!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I want someone to send me a package! Race seems "different" enough to fit into the fam! I hope you like your present. did you look at the shirts? It's been too long since we've had a successful bday party. It's time to get serious...it's time to HAVE FUN...so basicially we'll sit around until someone decides to go to bed and then everyone else will complain that that person is ruining the party plans! Sound familiar?!

Anna said...

We need to go rollerskating!