Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just a crazy thought....

Wow, ok follow me on this one. So I was thinking about the "real"ness of the gospel, and it reminds me of "the force" in Star Wars. The force is very real, just as the gospel is. You can't "see" the "force" and you can't see with your eyes the power of the gospel. All there is to see to testify of both is the aftermath. You see things moving, seemingly on their own, in Star Wars, but you just "know" that is the force. Well, how do you know that? Some guy looks steadfastly at an object and it begins to levitate, but that could all be coincidence, right? Maybe he noticed the object moving and looked over just at that exact moment. It seems people will argue the same about the gospel. How can it be that when you see something happening and you call it a miracle, or the workings of God, that it isn't just you hopeing that that is what it is?  I hate that I'm making a comparison to something that's make-believe...oh well.  All I'm trying to say is that just because you can't "see" the gospel, doesn't mean that it's not working at full force around you. I have heard religion refered to as a "Santa Clause" effect for the human mind. "Let's pretend that there is someone out there that you can't see, but he's watching your every move and deciding if you get that raise or not based on how good you are." Yes, that would be a genuis plan for our forefathers to lay out for us... creating a supreme being that you need to please in order to get rewarded when you die, of course people will do good with that over their head. But it's so much more than that, and I'm sure that even if they did think it all up as a conspierecy to keep us in-line, well I can't help but think that there wasn't some thoughts put in there from above. It's too perfect of a plan to be masterminded by a human. Every aspect of this unseen, unknown "gospel" is perfect, you can call it a trick, mind control, or anything else to make you feel better about not doing what you know is right. 
Oh man, I have gone completely off on this, lol.... getting carried away. Anyways, I'm just saying that you can sit all day and rationalize away how things happen the way they do and how the world even got here. But without accepting the fact that there is a supreme creator out there that is very real and very much playing a part in your life, then you're better off assumeing that it was just luck that Anakin's light saber just happened to fly into his hand as Darth Mal was comming at him. AAAAnnnnnndddd, I'm done. =]

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Too funny! I don't even try to argue with people who contend the gospels truth...I know it's real and I'm pretty sure 99.9% of those who put in ANY effort to find out for themselves it's truths KNOW, they just have something they let stand in the way. I love ya!