Saturday, April 26, 2008

The change

I used to see road blocks everywhere I turned
What I see now are lessons I could have learned
Life seemed so empty, only filled with abuse
Pulled my rope so long I had my head in a noose
But I cut myself free and I finally walked away
-I'm so thankful the Lord blessed me with another day-
How could a soul as dark and empty as mine
Be pieced back together and learn how to shine?
I had to let go of every secret I tried so hard to hide
And make peace with my wounded spirit inside
The hardest part of healing was letting people love me
And realizing I needed help from those standing above me
Now when I think of leaving I fall to my knees and pray
Peace and calmness surrounds me and I know it's okay
Who would have thought, a soul as tattered and torn as mine
Could call herself a Daughter of God and let her light shine.
********************************************
life's a journey, and we all make mistakes
Always frustrated by life and how long it takes-
Don't worry, it's never too far no matter how far you stray
There's someone who loves you who's provided a way
It doesn't take much, just a simple change of heart
And He'll protect you from the advesary- every fiery dart.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

this is a bit intense for me to comment on. but, leila just wanted you to know that she tagged you to do a post! where is it?