Monday, October 18, 2010

My big boy!

So the other day I was feeling "nice" and decided to give Max a little treat after lunch. So I grabbed one of his spoons and put some Nutella on it for him to suck on. Apparently he was hooked! I had to fight him to give back his spoon after it was gone. So Here's a few pictures I snapped while he was peacefully enjoying his little treat.

He was very intent on just sucking on it. He seemed a bit annoyed that I was trying to make him smile for pictures too.

So by the end of his snack he had smeared it everywhere trying to lick every last bit off his hands and the spoon. He missed quite a bit though.
Thankfully he LOVES baths, so he willingly jumped right in.

Notice the chocolaty hand stains-
He was watching me fill up the tub, so his little hand smears were left behind.

I was a bit grossed out over how brown the water was, but I guess that's what happens when you mix chocolate and water. It was pretty gross with little chunks of chocolate floating around though. :(


I love my little boy! He makes life so entertaining!!
I am secretly hoping now that this new little addition to our family is a boy as well, I just really want Max to have a buddy that's so close in age! He needs a friend so bad!
I feel so bad when we're out and he gets all giggly watching kids play at the park. He wants to go play with them, but they would trample him! I just wish he had more little people to play with, it makes me so sad to see how happy he is when other kids are around. I feel so bad that he has to be alone so much, well with me, but I'm just mommy.


Another thing lately has been that Max is now aware of Brayden leaving for work and when he comes home too. It seriously breaks my heart to see Max cry when he watches Brayden leave in the morning. All during the day he gets excited when he thinks he hears the door open. Usually if we're in our bedroom when Brayden gets home Max will hear the door and start smiling and wait at the end of the bed staring at the doorway for his daddy to come in. He gets so excited to see his daddy!
Today while he was eating lunch the air pressure in the hallway from a neighbor opening/closing their door made our door sound like it opened, and Max immediately turned around and said "dada!" Ugh! I wanted to cry! It kills me to see him get so excited when I know daddy isn't home yet. :( But I'm so happy that he's learning and makes the connections between the sounds that mean daddy's home. He's mommy's little genius!!!!! <3

No comments: